Friday, January 23, 2015

Favorite Friday - Song Parodies

What is your favorite song? Re-write a verse or a chorus to it.


Melody Joy wrote:

I have a lot of favorite songs, usually depending on my mood and the season. My current favorite song is “Lost in Paradise” by Evanescence, but that’s because it so accurately reflects my feelings, so I wouldn’t be able to change it. So, here is one of my favorite Christmas songs that I re-wrote to be about my mom’s cat, who has been declared a Grinch by my brother...

Evita the Grinch, to the tune of “The Grinch Song (You’re a Mean One, Mr. Grinch)

You’re a flat one, Evita the Grinch
You maybe are a cat
You’re as fluffy as a pillow
You’re as scary as a bat, Evita the Grinch
You’re a flat-faced Persian with a... funny red hat

(Author's note: Between the submission and posting dates, Evita was unfortunately put to sleep due to her failing health. While I initially hesitated to include this post because of that, I'm thankful for the opportunity to remember all the things we both loved and hated about her in a fun and positive light.)


Dana Lee wrote:

Ever since I was four "Paradise City" by Guns and Roses was my favorite song. I told my dad so and it has been our song ever since. If and when I get married that is the song we will dance to. Don't judge me.

Take me down
To the Detroit city
Where the grass is brown
And the boys are slutty
Take me home


Chuck C. wrote:

A gathering of hay bales
ready by sun rise
We climbed about the Wagon
We headed for the barn
Come bale the hay, come bale the hay, come bale the hay we me,
Come bale the hay, come bale the hay, come bale the hay we me
Come bale the hay, come bale the hay, come bale the hay we me
Come bale the hay, come bale the hay, come bale the hay we me
Come bale the hay, come bale the hay, come bale the hay we me
Come bale the hay, come bale the hay, lads


No comments:

Post a Comment