Monday, January 26, 2015

All About Me Monday - The Invisible Men (and Woman)

Today's prompt: What would you do if you woke up one morning to find yourself invisible? List 3 things you would want to do.


Dana Lee wrote:

I am sure there are a lot of things I would do if I were invisible. However, the list drastically shortens when I think of things that are moral. I would follow the code of WWHPD (What Would Harry Potter Do?) After all, he is the master of being invisible with his invisibility cloak.

1. I would visit the restricted section of the library. There are so many good books that I would like to read in this section. There is also a lot of information for me to obtain in these books that I feel all students should have access to

2. I would sneak into Hogsmeade and eat all the candy and sweets that my stomach can handle. I would probably drink about a ton of butterbeer. I mean, it is supposed to be the most amazing drink in the world, right?

3. Lastly, I would pull the ultimate prank on Fred and George who are the kings of pranks. I would have them believing that they are flying in space with no control over their bodies. They would also believe that objects are just floating in space for no apparent reason. (Of course I would have obtained the Maurder's map before completing this task.)


Pope Jon wrote:

Ideally, I would master the art of stealth, so as to not be heard or felt, and use my powers to reduce world suckage. I could be an extremely effective spy, smuggler, or even assassin.

The problem is, I would have to get used to running around naked, so most of my exploits would take place during summer. Plus I'd never be able to carry anything or move through water or snow without being easily detected.

Being invisible would prove to be far more curse than blessing, now that I think about it. Even if I'm completely naked, what if some dirt gets on me? Specifically, the bottom of my feet? People would see foot shaped bits of dirt moving around. Plus, it would be extremely difficult to not attract the attention of the media. The government would probably want to run tests on me. Would I become an unwilling agent for them?

Seriously, I don't really see much of an upside to this anymore...


Chuck C. wrote:

Wake up one morning, finding myself invisible? Oh what an adventure it would be.

1. The Troll: I have a co-worker that would rightly be called comically superstitious. My first task, as a newly invisible man, would be to drive said person into frantic insanity. I would first start with innocuous things like moving objects on her desk ever so slightly. Could it be a ghost? Or just a in her head? I would quickly escalate though, typing messages into her computer, whispering ominous phrases such as “help me” and “I see you, the real you” until she was driven mad.

2. Mr. Toilet: I would then hide in the bathroom (men’s bathroom, to avoid accusations of voyeurism). Whenever someone would use the facilities I would say things like “Dude...gotta get some more fiber in your diet” or “How would you feel if I urinated on you?” To someone struggling to get their business done I would, though, be encouraging: “Come on, buddy. I believe in you. You can get through this.”

3. The everyday: I would complete my day simply by doing my day to day tasks. The looks on my coworkers faces when they see a floating headset answering calls and assembling mail would be priceless. Also to prove wrong my roommate’s constant lament that “the dishes won’t do themselves” would, simply put, but the greatest thing one can do with such powers.


For more information on our blog, please read our welcome page by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment