Saturday, May 23, 2015

Saturday Extras!

Prompt: How have some of your favorite movies changed who you are today?


Pope Jon wrote:

Some of my favorite comedies have shaped my humor in various ways.

Napoleon Dynamite, Hot Rod, and The Room.

Most of the characters in Napoleon Dynamite often display an inappropriate level of emotion to what they are saying.

Dialog such as:

Napoleon: "Are you guys have a killer time?"
Deb: "Yes."

In a normal situation, both people would normally have some excitement in their voices. You know, raised tones. But not with the majority of characters from this film. But yeah, point being, I do that sometimes. So, yeah.

Now Hot Rod has a decent mix of humor, but what I enjoyed the most was always screaming at people with far more hostility than necessary.

Example dialog:

"Have fun being married to SATAN!"
"You know what won't make him smile? When I MURDER HIM!"

Don't feel offended if I've never screamed something overly hostile at you; it just means an opportunity hasn't presented itself.

Now The Room, mind you, was never intended to be comedy. It became comedy after its release, and it was realized that the acting, production, and writing were so terrible that it had to be comedy.

I mostly just quote this movie, but I also like to intentionally miss social cues and act far stupider than seems possible.

Sample dialog:

"Leave your STUPID comments in your pocket!"
"This is a beautiful party, you invited all my friends. Good thinking!"
"I feel like I'm sitting on an atomic bomb, and it's about to go off." "Me too."
"What client?" "I cannot tell you, it's confidential." "Oh, come on." "No I can't. Anyway, how's your sex life?"
"Do you want me to order a pizza?" "Whatever, I don't care." "I already ordered a pizza." "Ha ha, you think about everything. Ha ha ha..."

Seriously, you should look up clips from this movie on Youtube. It's amazing.

This image alone will make anyone who's seen the movie laugh.






Prompt: Write a letter to a spy that contains a hidden secret message.


Dan Christmann wrote:

Feed me, Seymour. The flowers are blooming, Seymour, and I am hungry. They grow, with long stocks along the flowerbed in the northeastern church yard. There are only buds on the tips today, Seymour, but soon the blossoms will burst open, scarlet akin to poppies. Only, I must be fed, Seymour. This is the way things are with plants. If the keeper cannot eat, then the plants cannot be watered, for the gardener is dead. If the plants cannot be watered, the flowers, of course, will wither and die away before they ever reach full bloom. You understand how it is. It’s a great chain. Cause and effect. I will await you inside, in the congregation under the icon of Elijah and his flaming chariot. I will be wearing a blue summer dress, in honor of your late wife. Don’t be as she was.
- Andreyevna


Prompt: What is your favorite sport? Describe a moment of triumph for a player of that sport.


Melody Joy wrote:

Perhaps it is weird to say, but I just recently discovered that I LOVE boxing. It actually surprised me as to how much I love it. I’ve never been into any sports, nor have I ever actively sought to watch any games or matches or whatever, but I searched high and low to find a way to see the big Mayweather vs. Pacquaio fight a couple weeks ago.

Here is the moment of triumph experienced by the victor in that match:

I went in knowing the outcome, knowing I would win no matter what happened. After all, they don’t call me “Money” for nothing. Sure, I put Pac-Man in a headlock every chance I got, and sure I clung desperately to the wires while he got in several great punches, but none of that mattered. All that mattered was that I stayed on my feet for all 12 rounds.

When the final bell went off, I knew that Pac-Man had done his best, but I also knew it wouldn’t be enough. As the ring filled with people and the scores were announced, I ran excitedly to the corner before they called my name, already certain of my victory. It feels good to be undefeated.

...... Pac-Man should have won.... Just saying. Unless, of course, they used this scorecard:




For more information on our blog, please read our welcome page by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment