Monday, May 11, 2015

All About Me Monday - Stressed Out!

Today's prompt: What causes stress in your life? What do you do to get rid of that stress?



Melody Joy wrote:

Everything? I often struggle with anxiety, so everything is a potential stressor if I don’t keep myself rooted firmly in the Lord who has abundant peace. The biggest cause of stress in my life right now is a pretty big decision that I have to make, and every choice is a good one which also means that whatever I choose, I’m also potentially giving up other really good things.

I have a mantra of sorts that I repeat to myself when my anxiety starts to get the best of me. I also use it against physical pain. It’s simple, but it works for me: “As long as I’m breathing, I’m ok.”

I just keep myself focused on my breathing and recognize that no matter what I’m facing, I’m going to survive it, and may even come out on the other side to something better or as a better person. During that time of focusing on my breathing, I also take some time to process what’s going on around me and usually realize that the stress and “danger” is all in my head.


Dana Lee wrote:

The biggest cause of my stress is when I feel like I am not in control of my life. Ultimately I know that God is in control. However, I often like to think that I am in control. Weird? Yeah, maybe. I used to have really bad stress attacks. It felt like I was in a tunnel and there was nothing I could say or do to get out of it. I would often say things to people that I regretted when I get into this state. There were a few times when items would be thrown. I literally lost control. It was the weirdest thing. This is something I will probably struggle with my whole life. Now I can pretty much tell when it is coming on. As long as no one talks to me when I am like this I am fine. I can get myself out of it. However, when people talk to me and try to get me out of it I snap.

In order to calm myself down I take a deep breath and remind myself that it is going to be okay. If I am with someone I ask them gently to leave me alone. I have to explain that they are not helping when they talk to me in that situation. I also go for walks and pray. Prayer is one of the best stress reliefs and is often underestimated.


Pope Jon wrote:

I'd have to say that "Wacky" Wednesday's writing prompts stress me out.

I often struggle with how specific the prompt is, and it makes me feel confined and like I can't truly show creativity.

In order to deal with it, I just do my best to think outside the box, and take advantage of flaws in the English language to write about something somewhat different than what was intended.

Like what I'm doing for this Wednesday, for example.


For more information on our blog, please read our welcome page by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment