Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Wacky Wednesday - Falling Girl ***PICTURE PROMPT***

Today's prompt: Write about this picture.



Dan Christmann wrote:

No one is really falling in this painting. The girl is not really flying at all, either. It looks like she’s reaching for the star, the big one to the left, but actually she’s lying on a very cleverly designed carpet. I don’t know how they got her hair that way, probably some very expensive gel. I am writing this at eleven forty and am trying to think of something wacky to say about this picture, but am pretty sure that I am shooting blanks at this point. I’m not really a fan of the color purple. Maybe, if I really wanted to be clever, I could do some research on the color purple and what the linkage between dreams, reality, stars, and the feminine self are in classical mythology. That would be a laugh riot. I’m sure there’s a woman somewhere in the Greek consciousness that fell in love with a star. Probably, the star was also Zeus. Zeus had this weird thing about inanimate objects that would take an entire team of highly trained psychoanalysts to piece out. The only problem is, the woman will probably also die in some horrific way, or be changed into some other inanimate object. That Zeus problem again. But maybe that is what is happening in that painting. A woman falling, becoming a star, because she overreached herself. Because she became too great to live in the mortal world. Never again to have its pleasures or its pains.

This was not a very funny piece, overall. The Greeks were not very funny people. At least, not in any way we can understand. Kind of like the painting.


Dana Lee wrote:

Floating through the sky
Capturing the stars
How have I
Come this far?

Girl in red
is what they call me
What they don't know
is how it bothers me

Catching my dreams
as the whirl on by
Watching my desires
pass me by

Wanting to badly
To Hold on
To never let go
To let my dreams
become my reality

This is my life
This is my world
Why should I
Change for them?


Pope Jon wrote:

As Courtney neared the water, she knew she only had two choices.

She could either accept her fated belly-flop, or she could try to look majestic again.

So in those fractions of seconds, having already failed to leap from the diving board properly, Courtney channeled the most majestic image she possible could. What image, you didn't ask out loud most likely but still wanted to know?



The form. The confidence. The determination. This artist is committed to his craft, and he is a absolute master.

LOOK AT HIM AGAIN!



So anyway, Courtney was imagining that guy. But not in a weird way.

In the instant right before her greatest failure, she decided to find a triumph instead. Camera flashes were going off rapidly, and Courtney locked eyes with one, and reached delicately for it. One of the other cameras caught the image above, and the rest was something. Or whatever.

Then she went and married this guy.



Because happy endings. And because majesty belongs with majesty.


For more information on our blog, please read our welcome page by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment