Friday, June 12, 2015

Friday Favorites - Flavorful

What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? Write about what would happen if everything you ate tasted like that.


Dana Lee wrote:

I love Moose Tracks. I only get it once a year for my ice cream so it is a special treat. If everything tasted like Moose Tracks I imagine one of two things would happen.

1. I would eat everything in site and probably gain 1,000,000 pounds. I would have no control over eating everything because it would be ridiculously delicious.

2. I would only eat once a year. I would feel as though the taste of the ice cream as a treat. This would cause me to only want it once a year. The benefit to this is that I would lose a lot of weight if I didn't die from hunger first.


Dan Christmann wrote:

If everything in the world tasted like pumpkin ice cream, I think that the first thing I would do would immediately consult a doctor, because I’m pretty sure that’s a sign that you are having some kind of stroke, or are dying.

But, barring that, I think the entire thing would be bloody fantastic, because technically I am tasting something every minute of every day. And so even if I got bored of that flavor, everything else, even inedible things, would still taste pretty decent. So I would probably make a career doing that, eating things that no one else could stand to eat. Like that fermented basking shark meat that some native tribes in Greenland eat. Either that, or I would become the healthiest man on the planet. It would revolutionize my diet. I could eat raw kale or broccoli day after day and, barring the texture factor, just keep on doing it as long as it kept me alive and kicking. Actually, if I think about it, it would also mean that I would never have to cook again because, aside from a few minor factors, cooking wouldn’t do a bit of good for me. No matter how much I braised, seared, broiled, or otherwise marinated my meals, everything would just come out as hot, cold, greasy or dry pumpkin ice cream.


Pope Jon wrote:

I'm a really REALLY big fan of raspberry anything, especially ice cream.

I mean, if everything tasted like raspberry, food would become all about texture, temperature, and appearance. It would actually be a vast contrast, as currently the taste is the primary factor involved with enjoying food.

I think I would want to just sip everything through a straw. Because without the flavor of steak, tacos, or pizza, what's the point of going through the trouble of tearing and cutting food apart? The one flavor you experience would likely end up being mainstreamed into an easily accessed format.

But then again, would I learn to value texture, temperature, and appearance to the point where flavor didn't matter? Would those become my way of enjoying food? I feel like with people who lose their taste, they tend to end up just slipping on smoothies anyway, so I'd probably follow in their foodsteps. Teehee! I made that pun on accident with a typo, but I absolutely love it.


For more information on our blog, please read our welcome page by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment