Friday, June 19, 2015

Friday Favorites - Sound Off

Today's prompt: What is your favorite natural sound? Describe it as if hearing it for the first time.


Melody Joy wrote:

I love so many sounds from nature, which makes it difficult to just choose one, but I’m going to have to go with the sound of a cat purring. My favorite way to hear said sound is by laying my head on a happy cat.... Here goes the description....

She laid there in the sunlight, a satisfied smile curling up the side of her little kitty lips in a way I didn’t think was possible. Touching the warmth of her sun-bathed fur, I lowered myself and gently placed my head on her side. For a moment, it was joyful. Then, it became pure bliss as a deep rumbling sound started up from deep in her chest. At first, it sounded like a stick being bumped over a rugged surface, and then it evened out to a steady rolling of marbles together, changing slightly in pitch on the inhale and the exhale. It was the sound of contentment and love, and it brought unimaginable happiness to my heart as it continued while we shared a long moment on a lazy summer afternoon.


Pope Jon wrote:

I was sitting in my room at home, watching Spike T.V., and had just fallen asleep.

Suddenly, a something erupted beneath me!

I jumped up, shocked by the sudden pressure that had vanished. I scanned for a source, but I couldn't find one. It seemed like the couch had suddenly croaked, and sent air strait up my... non-face cheeks.

"What was that?!" I demanded to no one in particular, hoping desperately for an answer.

Then, the pressure returned! Since I was wide awake by this point, I could feel it welling up before it happened. This only made the sensation stranger, however, as concern and anticipation built together like Bob and Manny.


It wasn't pretty. The air pushed its way out, forcing me to allow passage. Then, a rather queer sound accompanied the gas leak, like a courier of mixed feelings.

I quickly realized that this feeling wasn't so bad, and despite the smell that also show up shortly later, it all ended rather quickly.

With a devious grin, I welcomed the next fart, and get to fully enjoy the jubilant announcement of the passing of my wind.

In case you weren't following along. I was talking about a fart.

Funky Aroma Readiness Trigger.



Dana Lee wrote:

I imagine laying in bed and hearing a thunderous roar outside my window.
I imagine being scared and delighted at the same time.
However could such a noise give me such delight?

I imagine driving in my car.
Hearing the roar and feeling it as it shakes my car.
I imagine being amazed.

I would wait outside to feel it.
I would wait outside to experience it first hand
The sound would embody my entire being.

Oh Thunder
How your sound I love to hear
You are so loud
You boom from the Heavens
Yet you are comforting



No comments:

Post a Comment