Saturday, June 6, 2015

Saturday Extras!

Prompt: Do you have any tattoos? If so, what are they? If not, do you want any and what would you like?


Dan Christmann wrote:

At this point in my life I have not yet besmirched my smooth body with the needle. I don’t actually have any problems with tattoos, but my taste in what I think is cool or interesting changes so regularly that there’s no way I could choose something and not think it was a stupid decision a year later. If I were to choose to ink my body immediately though, I can think of three ideas off of the top of my head that I think might be interesting.

The first would be a picture of Soren Kierkegaard dressed up like Batman. Underneath would be the caption The Dark Knight of Faith.

The second would be a highly detailed rendering of Philip K. Dick’s face on my face. I think he would probably appreciate the irony.

The third would be the entire text of Imre Kertesz’s Kaddish for an Unborn Child in spirals around my torso.


Dana Lee wrote:

Do you have any tattoos? If so, what are they? If not, do you want any and what would you like? I do not currently have any tattoos but would not mind getting one. My mom, sisters and I are all supposed to go together to get rose tattoos. We all have different tastes in roses but this is something I would love to share with them. My last name is also Scottish. I did some research into the clan I would belong in given my last name. The motto of my clan, the Sinclair clan, was something along the lines of "All work must be done in the name of God." That is another tattoo I would not mind getting because it is a nice reminder.


Prompt: Write about a basketball player that finds himself stranded on a utopian island.


Melody Joy wrote:

Spike Jordan wasn’t the best basketball player, nor was he the most well-known, but the latter changed when he disappeared while flying his personal plane over the Bermuda Triangle and became yet another mysterious disappearance in this region.

When the plane’s instruments started going crazy, he immediately began lowering the plane as much as possible just to be safe. When the engine started cutting out, he prepared for an emergency water landing since there was no land in sight. He felt like time stopped as he directed the plane toward the water and waited for the jolt.

He was nearly at the water when he squeezed his eyes shut and braced for impact. But, instead of the crash of a small plane hitting the water, he suddenly heard things scraping against the sides of the plane as he and the craft were bounced from side to side before coming to a sudden stop. Spike opened his eyes cautiously to see leaves and branches pressed against the front and sides of the plane.

Mostly uninjured, he somehow managed to get the door to the plane opened and climbed down the tree that he found himself in. Looking around, he found himself on a utopian island, abundant with fresh fruit and flowing with fresh clean water. Animals scurried around in the brush carelessly.

Spike looked back up toward the plane where it rested high above his head, and jumped in surprise as he saw nearly a dozen other planes in nearby trees, all from a variety of eras but all looking as fresh as his. As he marveled at this, a door to an old plane opened up and a young woman stepped out with a big smile on her face.

She scampered down a vine ladder and stuck out her hand. With a twinkle in her eye, she introduced herself, “I’m Amelia. What brings you here?”


Prompt: Who was your favorite teacher? Write them a note.


Pope Jon wrote:

That'd be Mr. Shire. Although I don't actually remember how to spell his last name. Or his first, for that matter.

He was my 6th grade science teacher, and spent a good portion of he school year screwing around with other teachers, much to us students' great joy.

Mr. Shire:

I would just like to thank you for being so wildly immature. You made me comfortable with the fact that I still found fart jokes funny, and encouraged me to continue to do so. You were one of the first to display absolute terror that is a quiet person turning angry, as well as the effectiveness of said tactic. I remember that on the first day of school, you gave us some paper, telling us to return it to you on the last day of school. As I was the only person in the classroom to remember, including you, I recall following you around after everyone else in the school had run off for summer vacation while you hunted down my candy reward. Anyway, it had been real. I don't know if you'd be proud of me, or whatever, but I think the fact that I graduated highschool should count for something. Even if it was just homeschooling, Wait... I was homeschooled... by my mother... my mother was my teacher, and I chose someone else over her... she reads these blog posts consistently... what have I done?! If only I remembered how to delete words on this infernal contraption! Musn't... send... NOOO!!!


For more information on our blog, please read our welcome page by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment