Monday, April 27, 2015

All About Me Monday - What Do You Want to be When You Grow Up?

Today's Prompt: When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up? How is that working out for you?


Dana Lee wrote:

My dream career changed rather often when I was growing up. However, there is one career that remained constant until shortly after high school. I wanted to be a writer. My goal was to explore the world and write about everything that I saw. I wanted to take it all in and share with everyone. I am currently a teacher and working on pursuing my certification for special education. However, I recently started writing again and have no idea why I stopped.


Dan Christmann wrote:

I wanted to be a scientist as a kid which, If you know anything about me today, is a bit on the absurd side. But you have to understand, when I was little, I didn’t really even understand what a scientist actually does. My conception of the profession, if you can even classify it as that, was a lot sexier. Think ‘mad alchemist’ or Herbert West-Reanamator rather than the patient physicist or chemist that slaves all of his life to confirm that a single particle may or may not exist. I also wanted to do paleontology. And then I learned that paleontologists stand around all day brushing dirt off of more dirt in hopes that they find the toe bone of a brontosaurus. I probably imagined it would be more like Jurassic Park. As far as how it’s going; well, it’s not.



Melody Joy wrote:

There were a number of things that I wanted to be when I was younger, but most of them involved animals. At some point I wanted to be a farmer, a vet, a snake curator, a rancher... Probably more, but they always involved the care of animals.

A couple years ago I could have said it was working out perfectly as I was the barn manager at a camp where I was responsible for a number of horses, goats, chickens, rabbits, sheep, llamas, etc. However, I am now a teacher and unless you count the geckos and cockroaches at my house or the cat that’s taken up residency under the school’s cafeteria, I no longer have animals in my care (the cockroaches definitely don’t count since they are almost always killed on-sight).

However, I also know that I am where God wants me, and even though I do miss working with animals, I’m much more content doing what He wants me to do rather than trying to do what I want to do. I do pray, though, that someday my passion for animals would merge with His will for my life.



For more information on our blog, please read our welcome page by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment