Saturday, March 28, 2015

Saturday Extras!

Prompt: What is your favorite meal you cook yourself? Write a recipe for it.


Melody Joy wrote:

Probably my Chinese fried rice is my favorite meal that I cook for myself. Here is my own recipe for it.

Ingredients:
- rice
- soy sauce
- powdered bean soup mix
- egg
- green pepper
- onion
- carrot
- broccoli
- plantain
- garlic powder

1. Make the rice as per usual.
2. While the rice is cooking, chop up the green pepper, onion, carrot, broccoli, and plantain.
3. When the rice is almost done cooking, add some water and the dried bean soup mix and stir.
4. Turn off rice maker, but keep the cover closed so it stays toasty.
5. Sauté the green pepper, onion, carrot, broccoli, and plaintain.
6. Once cooked, push said vegetables into a wide circle.
7. Cook the egg in the middle of the vegetables.
8. Toss the rice onto the griddle with everything else.
9. Add a generous amount of soy sauce and garlic powder.
10. Mix them together.
11. Put them on a plate.
12. Eat them.
13. Rinse and repeat.


Prompt: Write about a time you found something that was a treasure to you.


Melody Joy wrote:

When I was in college, I had large gaps in between my classes during which I had plenty of time to explore the woods that were there on the widespread campus. There were paths that wound through the woods where I would frequently see families of deer that were more/less used to humans and would often stare at me for a long time and rarely move away.

On one of my first trips out into the woods, I discovered something that would become a treasure to me during my college days. It was a tree that someone had nailed boards into, making a ladder right up the trunk to several of the branches that were perfect to sit and relax on. I would spend countless hours out in those woods, usually to visit “my” tree.



On more than one occasion, I watched other students from my vantage point, and I would frequently bring a lunch out there with me to eat up in the tree. Once I found a raccoon sleeping out on a limb, so I climbed up and pet the back of the sleeping animal, who responded by lazily crawling into the hollow trunk and out of my reach.


Prompt: Write a story about the person who tries on these shoes only to discover they grant superpowers to the wearer.


Dana Lee wrote:

Angel May Mercy had everything she could ever ask for in the world. She was born into a wealthy family and given all the opportunities in the world. Before she had reached the age of 10, Angel had seen all the counties in the world. With this being said, Angel was not very bright. She could not read or add simple math problems. It had always been done for her. She had a teacher that came with the family on trips so she could still be educated. However, the teachers were more like nannies. They were paid to give her good grades so she could move to the next grade. They also made sure Angel didn't get into trouble.

One day, Angel was shopping for an outfit for a ball in the annual world ball which was being held in the United Kingdom this year. She was promised a husband if she attended the ball. All of a sudden she found the most amazing shoes. She knew that would match her dress and be perfect for the ball. She would definitely be the talk of town and catch the most eligible of bachelors.

**Three days later**

Angel's mother was helping her to prepare for the big event. Her hair was done, her dress was on. The only thing missing was her shoes. As soon as she put them on she began to feel funny. She could not figure out what was wrong with her. However, she did not want to miss the ball so she decided to ignore it. She arrived to the ball just in time to dance with Prince Thaddeus of Mozambique. They began talking while they were dancing and she was surprised at how much information she knew and how smart she was. She had no idea how she was able to carry on such an intellectual conversation. She knew it had to be the shoes. She knew if she were to convince him to marry her that she could never take off the shoes. She did not want him to know how dumb she really was.

**One year later**

Angel and Thaddeus were married in the United Kingdom where they first met. That night she knew she would have to take off her shoes for the first time in a year. They went to the honeymoon sweet to consummate their marriage. She took her shoes off and took a deep breath. She hoped he would love her for her and not the intelligence he thought she had. Something amazing happened though! The knowledge she gained from the shoes somehow stayed with her. She knew the shoes would also be there for her when she needed them but Thaddeus was her one true love. 


Prompt: What is your favorite body of water? (Could be one in particular or a general type.) Write about being adrift there.


Pope Jon:


Before I finished reading the prompt, I thought of toilet water because I am very grateful for it. Then I finished reading it... but once a bizarre idea has take root, it's too late for me to turn back. Is anything less expected of me?
I think in order to be adrift in toilet water, you either have to be small enough to fit in one, or you have to just be normal sized, but have a foot or something stuck in a toilet. But it's more fun to assume you're small enough to actually fit inside, we're going to go with this: you've been shrunken by Rick Moranis. Well, by the character he plays in that movie, but no one cares about the name of the character.

Fine, it's Wayne Szalinzki, now don't waste your time looking it up. Also, how classic is this movie?!

So when you're this size, I think what you want to hope for, and this is the only time your hope for this, is for someone to clog the toilet. And then you pray for another thing that you never want to pray for again: you pray that that sicko just walks away. Now you've got a chance of getting free. I really don't think I need to add many more details, but I will anyway. Look for corn, hope that some of the toilet paper is dry, and try to find a path via the stains left behind.

The only other way out is down. Luckily I discovered something useful with the power of Google and my own disturbing thoughts: you could totally live down there! Rats to it all the time, so you might have to battle one of those. If you've been shrunk with your siblings, try offering the youngest as tribute instead. If you're the youngest, offer yourself as tribute and don't look up what tribute means.


Your humble abode. Well, it's the rat's humble abode now, but little Timmy is a worthy trade.

So I think you just kinda move into the part that goes upward, wait for someone to clog it, and harvest what you can! Unlimited water supply is a guarantee. Plus, you can relieve yourself whenever you need to, just make sure you aim it in the proper direction. You could probably carve parts of the ceramic out to make more room for yourself, just be sure not to go too far or you'll risk the structural integrity of your home!

Good luck to you! I'm glad this prompt didn't require me to write in first person!




For more information on our blog, please read our welcome page by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment