Monday, March 23, 2015

All About Me Monday - Lost and Found

Today's prompt: Write about a time you found something that was a treasure to you.


Dana Lee:

When I was younger I had this favorite dinosaur stuffed animal. I was probably about six or seven at the time. I took this thing everywhere. In hindsight I am not sure why because it was an ugly thing. One day I brought it to my best friend's house so we could play with it. I don't remember how but it got dropped in the mud. Her mom told me she would wash it for me but I never saw it again until....

A few months later I walked to the Saint Vincent DePaul thrift store. I was looking in the bin of cheap toys. I believe they were fifty cents each. In this bin I found my beloved dinosaur stuffed animal that I had forgotten about until that point. I was so excited. I ran to my mom and asked her if I could please have it because I loved it so much.

To this day I have no idea where that dinosaur is. I hope it is in the hands of another child and they appreciate it as much as I did.


Chuck C. wrote:

It was a rainy day. I had just completed the day’s labors and was quite famished. Could I go to McDonald's and get a quick burger? Sure. That day though, I was in a bit of an exploratory mood. Not too far from the kitchen I worked at was a small Cantonese place called Wei Wei Palace. I had seen it before but had never made it in.

With a freshly supplied bank account and a mean appetite, I sat down in the gaudily decorated restaurant and my nose was overwhelmed with the smell of duck roasting. I instantly fell in love. I ordered the roasted duck and the dim sum. It was, quite simply, the most amazing duck I'd ever had. Crispy skin, cooked perfectly and seasoned just right. The dim sum was fresh, the meat filled dumpling was perfectly steamed. Its filling was sweet and meaty. As I write this I wish am getting the overwhelming urge to head up there right now.....so......


Pope Jon wrote:

I think this will actually apply to a lot of people, but hopefully that'll make it all the more meaningful.

When I was younger, so much younger than today, I lacked the sophistication of a bank account. So instead of finding a piggy or another barnyard creature to keep my money safe, I instead decided to hide my money in various spots so that no one could ever find it- including me!

Years later, as I cleaned out old rubbish or decided to look through forgotten memories, I'd discover money stuffed inside boxes of my old stuff, beneath my underwear, or hidden among school awards. You know, stuff nobody but myself ever sees.

Anyway, I'm sure we've all had the joy of discovering some extra cash stashed in your pants or under your car seat, but I found $20 bills hidden away on several occasions. Sometimes I wonder if I still have money laying around somewhere, or if one of my siblings found it...

SIde note: If you find any money among old family things, dear kin, it's totally mine. You can trust me, I'm a Pope!


For more information on our blog, please read our welcome page by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment