Monday, March 9, 2015

All About Me Monday - Ha Ha Ha!

Today's prompt: Write about something that always makes you laugh.


Pope Jon wrote:

In short, I often make myself laugh with the various scenarios I think up in my mind as I go through life.

During serious meetings, or emotional conversations, I like to think about ways to completely destroy these important moments. I often imagine randomly screaming and flipping a table at work, or wonder what someone's reaction would be if I slapped them in the face while they shared their most intimate secrets with me.

In shorter, my mind is always hard at work to ensure that no moment is 100% serious.

When I see someone delivering a powerful speech, I remind myself that they've had diarrhea at some point. We all have. Yes, even you. You're not fooling anybody, pal.

Or if someone were to be crying, it crosses my mind to cup their face gingerly in my hands, stare deep into their eyes in reassurance, then lick the tears off their face.

And of course, I fantasize frequently about replying to anything possible with a tragic (but fake) story and start weeping to make everyone feel uncomfortable.

In shortest, sometimes I wish I was more of an a-hole.


Chuck C. wrote:

There are oh so many things that can illicit laughter in me. Few things though do so consistently no matter how many times I see it. One of these is the sitcom Scrubs. I believe this show to be one of the most consistently funny shows ever to have been created. I have seen every episode of the show more times than is socially acceptable to admit. This does not diminish how this show makes me laugh. 

Photo complements of: http://www.theredlist.fr/media/database/films/tv-series/sitcom-and-soap/2000/scrubs/005-scrubs-theredlist.jpg

Every time I go through an episode a new subtly of its comedic genius is found. The characters are compelling and well-written. The writing is spot-on and consistently funny. The actors are committed and execute their craft flawlessly. The show has enough drama to balance out the show’s overall silly tone. Anyone who has not watched its entire run has genuinely missed out on a modern classic. So if you haven’t, stop reading this and hit up Netflix. You won’t regret it.


Melody Joy wrote:

Poor Frank. Ok, so there’s only one other person in the world that will get that.... Random little inside jokes like that always make me laugh. Mainly because they almost always start with something completely random that turns into something unexpectedly hilarious, and then that memory sticks with you. I love being able to share inside jokes with people because they’re always funny.


For more information on our blog, please read our welcome page by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment