Friday, March 6, 2015

Friday Favorites - Super Encounters

Today's prompt: Pick your favorite and least favorite superhero. Describe what happens when they meet.


Chuck C. wrote:

The Humbling.

Bruce Wayne sat himself down on the seat outside the boxing ring at his favorite gym. He was awaiting to meet up with new charge. You see, after many victories and triumphs over Gotham's lowest, Bruce Wayne's job as Batman had seen busier times. He had now been tasked by the Justice League to mentor and counsel struggling superheroes. Today it was his charge to bring the newly powerless Superman into some modicum of useful shape. After a near lethal dose of kyrptonite rendered his kyrptonian super strength null, he was struggling to find usefulness in his life. Clark walked out of the gym and stepped into the ring. Bruce stepped in and began his lesson.

“Clark, what’s with the suite? You look ridiculous,” he said as he lunged forward, cross-hooking the man of steel across the face. He went down to the floor immediately.

“Sucker punch!” Clark cried, “I wasn’t ready!”

“You think anyone out there will wait for you to be ready?” he said, not helping the fallen hero up. Clark got up and lunged at Bruce, but he easily side-stepped him. Clark stumbled into the ropes and turned around in frustration.

“Stand still!” he cried as he lunged at him again. Bruce swept Clark's leg and laid a punch right to his stomach. The man of steel fell to the ground, gasping for air.

“I think you've had enough humbling for the day,” Bruce said. He held his hand up, pulled him to his feat and threw him a towel, “Now that you know pain, you can learn to deal it more efficiently. Come back tomorrow, same time, we will make you useful again.”

Clark muttered a curse under his breath and walked away, pining for the day when he could show that rich playboy what he needs to see.


Pope Jon wrote:

It's hard to pick both least favorite and most favorite, but I'll go with Johnny "The Human Torch" Storm of the Fantastic Four as my least favorite, and Kurt "Nightcrawler" Wagner of the X-Men as my most favorite.

Torch is my least favorite because he's arrogant, cocky, and just annoying. He's the type of character that never really learns his lesson, and by the time he has a serious moment or tries to be heartfelt, I hate him too much to care.

Nightcrawler is my favorite because he has a pretty cool power with some interesting options, but he also has plenty of vulnerability as well. He's also sincere and kind, and while that may be a weakness in the heat of battle, he's still an entertaining and beloved character of mine, especially when he's portrayed as a cheeky teenager in "X-Men: Evolution."

I'm no expert, but my research didn't reveal them meeting at any point. Or if they did, it wasn't noteworthy enough to show up in a Google Search.

But I'd have to assume that if they met in a friendly way, Kurt would be all niceties, and Johnny would be an a-hole, and blow him off or something. Kurt would probably decide to pray for him, and that would be that.

If they happened to meet in battle, Kurt would probably lose unless he's willing to kill or maim Johnny. Kurt couldn't physically attack Johnny without serious risk of harm, while Johnny could throw fire until Nightcrawler just couldn't dodge. But if Nightcrawler was going for the kill, he'd just need to drop a car on Johnny, or cut his head off from behind.


Dana Lee wrote:

I admit that my knowledge of superheroes is limited and reliant on what I have seen in movies. Growing up I did not read comic books. Judge me as you may.

My favorite superhero is Iron Man because, well, because he is awesome and Robert Downy Jr. is handsome. My least favorite superhero is Aquaman. To quote Big Bang Theory, "Aquaman sucks."

When Iron Man and Aquaman meet...

Iron Man: So, tell me, what are your super powers?

Aquaman: I can talk to fish. What can you do?

Iron Man: Well, I can fly and have super strength because of this awesome suit I made. Do you like it?

Aquaman: I do like it a lot. Let's go for a swim.

Iron Man: I can't. My suit will get broken.

**Aquaman forces Iron Man into lake.**

The end.


For more information on our blog, please read our welcome page by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment