Monday, March 16, 2015

All About Me Monday - Tears

Today's prompt: Write about a time you cried. It could be recently or in the past.


Melody Joy wrote:

I cry a lot. Sometimes out of sorry, sometimes in relief, and other times because something is touching. I cry over things that other people don't cry over, like when I was 6 or 7 and the Lion King came out and I cried when Mufasa died and my older cousin looked at me weird and asked me why I was crying or when I was a young adult and cried while watching the Lion King with a group of young adults and several people looked at me weird and asked me if I was crying...

But there was one time I was thinking about abortion and the women that have them as well as women who lose their babies. As I thought and prayed for these women, I began crying softly about the pure loss of life that most people turn into a women's right issue. I asked God "Who cries for the aborted babies?" because I knew that unlike miscarried or stillborn babies, there were no shed tears there, nor a sense of loss where there should have been. The answer came back to me clearly like I wish it did more often: "I do."

I can't explain it, but in that moment, I felt God's heart for the aborted babies all over the world. I felt His sense of loss over them, and wept with Him over the lives that are lost without a second thought because they were inconvenient mistakes.


Dana Lee wrote:

Growing up I never cried a lot in front of people. When my grandpa passed away in 2003, my biggest fear was that I would suppress all emotions and not be able to let it out. I wanted to show my real sorrow in the loss of my grandfather but didn't know if I would be able to. On the day of the funeral I saw my dad lose it. My dad who never let us see him cry was crying about the passing of his father-in-law. A big reason this was is because my grandpa is was the first man to show my dad what it meant to be a dad. My father's dad wasn't exactly the best role model when he was growing up. So, naturally seeing my grown father and my older male cousins crying just tore me apart and I lost it. That was one of the hardest days I have ever had to go through.


Pope Jon wrote:

I can’t go into any real detail with this story, but I’m going to try to tell it anyway.

I witnessed someone falling onto their back from around 30 feet strait up. I still remember the sounds and sights vividly; I’ve marked them in my mind as the closest I’ve ever come to watching someone die. After the fall, adrenaline kicked in, and I went into emergency mode without a moment’s hesitation. I called 911, communicated calmly with the dispatcher, followed her instructions, and then waited for the ambulance to arrive.

After the ambulance arrived and the emergency was officially out of my hands, my emotions caught up to me suddenly. I’m very thankful that I had a friend there with me, because I don’t know how long I would’ve wept were I on my own. It was the first and only time she saw me crying, and I think that alone shocked her. I started going on about how I should’ve done something to prevent what happened, and how it was my fault. Even as I said it, it felt foolish, but I just needed to panic for a minute.

My friend hugged and encouraged me, and I was able to sober up before long, reassured that I’d done the best with what has handed to me. In a strange way, I am glad to have experienced that. I know now that I can act rationally and quickly in emergencies, and save my sorrow for later.



For more information on our blog, please read our welcome page by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment