Friday, February 20, 2015

Friday Favorites - Ode to Color (POETRY WEEK!)

Today's prompt: What is your favorite color? Write an ode to it.


Dana Lee wrote:

There seems to be a theme going on here because my favorite color is purple and on Wednesday I was writing about a pig. Perhaps it is just a coincidence. Here is my ode to to color of royal:

Ode to Purple
Ode to my favorite color!
The most beautiful in all the lands
When I look at every flower
The purple ones my eyes on to ascend

When I see purple I think of royalty
I imagine kings and queens
Of to their kingdoms there is loyalty
And traveling in only limousines

I will embrace all your perfect shades
Until the end of both our days
And in my hair will be braids
Because purple you are all the craze

Oh purple you have never let me down
You have always been there for me
Much better than the color brown
And even more than the color green

If I could marry a color
Purple, it would definitely be you
Because there is not a duller
Color for my love which is due

Oh purple how I so fancy your honesty
I always believed that was the best policy
And how I would like to drink a cup of tea
Of which isn't at all too spicy!


Pope Jon wrote:

Of Blood and Roses.

Few others can be so diverse.
The color of blood and roses alike.
A color or romance and war.
Of chaos and harmony.

In flames, it is strong and fearsome.
In embers, it is meek and comforting.
In nature, it can mean life or death.
In culture, it can mean good or bad.

When dark it is hellfire.
When light it is childish.
When pure it is unmistakable.
When contrasted it is dominate.

On banners, signs, or letters,
In text, scripts or images,
In love and death and taxes,
If the need is dire or the meaning extreme,

A shade of red, it will be.


Melody Joy wrote:

Ode to Blue

Ode to blue, my favorite hue,
From deepest navy to lightest aqua.
You color the sky, light shades up high,
Broken only by clouds soft and white.

Ode to blue, color so true,
From strong royal to bright sapphire.
The sea calls you hers, where green and blue merge,
Turquoise and indigo, viridian dance.

Ode to blue, I love you anew,
From cold grey-blue to warm azure.
You fill up my eyes to match cerulean skies,
Shifting tints from darker to light.

Ode to blue, the one I cling to,
From pale baby blue to murky midnight.
You paint my jeans and embellish my dreams,
Comfortable, familiar, and trustworthy blue.




To read the new poetry blog run by our own Dana Lee, check it out here: versoliberopoetry.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Absence of color...
    the color that isn't, yet puts all others into prospective
    allows us to see (or think we do)
    Shape
    Form
    Depth
    Dimension
    It's all a ruse.

    Yet...it also allows our minds to feel...really feel...
    Fear
    Security
    Peace
    Focus
    Anxiety
    Death
    A mighty task for something which doesn't really exist.

    An ode to darkness, without which all else would be a blur...lost...I love you.

    ReplyDelete