Monday, February 2, 2015

All About Me Monday - I've Been Here Before

Today's Prompt: Write about one of the following: a recurring dream or nightmare, or describe the feeling of getting déjà vu.


Chuck C. wrote:

That's a Nice Carriage, Charlie Brown.

When I was a young child, no more than 6 or 7, I had this recurring dream/nightmare, the remembrance of which gives me a mild chill to this day. Is it simply the recalling of the feeling I had as a child or is it truly a terrifying dream that no man should rightly be haunted by? I’ll let you decide.

The dream would start out with me riding in Cinderella's carriage. This does not seem abnormal to me, the reason for which escapes me to this day. The passengers that road with me? Charlie Brown and his nagging companion Lucy.

We were strolling down my old street in the pearly white horse-drawn carriage when out of the portside window my eyes catch a curious sight. A frail old woman cloaked in a hooded black robe. When she turned her face to me it was revealed to be the witch from Snow White. I quickly called this to the attention of my animated carriage-mates. Charlie Brown was the first to leap to the window and see for himself.

The witch and Charlie locked eyes for a moment and when I looked back to him he had been transformed into a skeleton. I was immediately terrified and jumped back. The skeleton then looked at Lucy, immediately turning her into a skeleton as well.

I cowered into the corner of the carriage and went fetal. They drew closer and closer, extending their skeletal hands towards me, intent on tearing me apart. It was usually, mercifully, at this point I would wake up. My mother would comfort me with a glass of apple juice and I would usually sleep the rest of the night with dreams of fighting alongside the Power Rangers, giving Rheta Repulsa many, many headaches.


Melody Joy wrote:

I love getting déjà vu. It’s one of my favorite feelings, and I always get excited when I start experiencing it, but at the same time, I’m careful not to get too excited because I don’t want to risk it going away because of my excitement.

I love déjà vu because of the overwhelming sense that I’ve been there before, heard that sound, saw that sight, and experienced everything before. But at the same time, I’m sure I haven’t. So then I have to wonder how it works, why I am so sure I feel like I’ve been there before.

I love to try to guess what happens next because I’m sure I’ve experienced before somehow. I have accurately predicted someone’s answer to a question or who’s going to walk into the room next while in moments of déjà vu. That is the best part about it.

I love trying to make it last as long as possible, and to try to stay in that moment that feels like I’m in a dream that is also reality. Once I stayed in that state for nearly 2 minutes. Since most moments of déjà vu last only seconds, those two minutes felt like eternity.

I love the sense of not being able to make complete sense of my reality. In those moments, reality seems suspended despite the mundane nature of the events going on around me, and I’m caught up in my own little world, wondering why it happens and how while trying not to think too much about it and just enjoy the moment.


Dana Lee wrote:

Apparently I am a little bit sadistic. I constantly have dreams where people I know and love die in the most bizarre ways. It is never the same person nor is it ever the same scenario. What remains the same is I am usually the person that kills them and it is usually sort of a freak accident.

One night I had a dream that I was driving to a pharmacy not too far from my house. (At the time I was working in a fast food restaurant until late at night and watching more Dexter than I care to admit to.) In this dream my manager at the time was walking and I managed to run her over with my car. Instead of checking to see if she was okay I proceeded to go into the pharmacy and watched as the paramedics are putting her in a body bag.

I am beginning to think there is something wrong with me... or maybe I should just not watch violent shows just before going to bed?

For more information on our blog, please read our welcome page by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment