Monday, February 23, 2015

All About Me Monday - Things We Can't Live Without.... Maybe.

What are three material objects that you feel like you can’t live without?


Dana Lee wrote:

1. My Jeep. I live (primarily) in an area where there is not a lot of reliable public transportation available. If you want to get somewhere you have to either have your own car, ask someone for a ride, or hope that the public bus system is running on time. I am very independent so having my own car is the best option for me.

2. My iPod. I love music. I love being able to jam out to my favorite songs whenever I want. It can also semi-substitute for a cell phone given the right conditions. It is not the best substitute but when funds are tight sometimes you have to make sacrifices.

3. My books. Yes, ALL of my books. I love being able to escape into an alternate reality. Life is not always the easiest...though I have not had a very hard life by most standards. I like being able to see characters in their world and interact with them in a way that it would not else be possible. I often grow to close to characters. By the end of the book they begin to feel like old friends.


Chuck C. wrote:

1. Laptop. If I don't have my laptop, I wont be able to get Melody the blog posts. This makes Melody cross, and thus, endangers my life. Hence, cannot live without.

2. Phone. I don’t have my phone, that means no ordering Jimmy Johns at work, and thus, starvation.

3. 20 sided dice. Because how else do you make hard decisions?


Melody Joy wrote:

1. My computer. Definitely. I use it every day for work and love it dearly. When I leave it behind on trips (even just for the night because I know I’m not going to need it), I feel anxious and miss it and hope that it’s faring better without me than I am without it. Once it was at the repair shop for nearly a week getting the keyboard replaced. When I got it back, I gently stroked it while waiting for my receipt and didn’t care if anybody saw.

2. My notebook. This is a combination of church sermon notes, devotional time notes, and my journal. It’s where I go when I have big decisions to be made and I need to write about it, where I go when I’m having emotional breakdowns and I need to work through my crazy emotions by writing them down.

3. My watch. I constantly check my watch not only to know what time it is, but also as something to do when I’m feeling awkward, which happens fairly often. Weirdly enough, it also helps relieve anxiety because for some reason, when I’m in a situation that makes me nervous, knowing what time it is somehow makes me feel better about life in general.


For more information on our blog, please read our welcome page by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment